In today’s digital age, it’s no surprise that many people prefer to obtain their legal documents online, including birth certificates. However, in South Africa, the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) claims that you can apply for your birth certificate online through their eChannel portal. Unfortunately, the reality is that the system often experiences technical issues, making it difficult or impossible to use. The good news is that there is another option available: document procurement agents.
What is a Document Procurement Agent?
A document procurement agent is a private company that specializes in obtaining legal documents on behalf of clients. These agents have extensive knowledge of the document procurement process and the necessary requirements for obtaining legal documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and police clearances.
Why Use a Document Procurement Agent?
As previously mentioned, the DHA’s online system for obtaining birth certificates often experiences technical issues, making it difficult or impossible to use. Even when the system is working, the process can be time-consuming and confusing, particularly for those who are unfamiliar with the process. A document procurement agent can handle the entire process on your behalf, saving you time and stress.
How to Get Birth Certificates Online Through a Document Procurement Agent
Getting your birth certificate through a document procurement agent is a straightforward process. Here are the steps involved:
- Step 1: Contact the document procurement agent and provide them with your details, including your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Step 2: The agent will provide you with a quote for their services and any additional services you may require, such as notarization or embassy verification.
- Step 3: Once you agree to the quote, the agent will begin the process of obtaining your birth certificate on your behalf.
- Step 4: The agent will keep you updated every step of the way and notify you when your birth certificate is ready for delivery.
- Step 5: Your birth certificate will be delivered to you via courier or other secure delivery method.
While the DHA claims that you can obtain your birth certificate online through their eChannel portal, the reality is that the system often experiences technical issues, making it difficult or impossible to use. A document procurement agent can handle the entire process on your behalf, saving you time and stress. Contact a document procurement agent like Doc Assist today to learn more about how we can assist you with obtaining your birth certificate and other legal documents.